SPDY increasing size of pages

Tom van der Woerdt info at tvdw.eu
Wed Aug 8 10:14:07 UTC 2012

Quick tests show that my 805 byte file became a 813 byte response, which
seems consistent with the 8 byte header of a DATA frame.

Question: do we really need to include that into the size? Just like the
response headers aren't counted, why should the protocol overhead be
counted?

Note: after refreshing the server responded with a 304 Not Modified but
it did log it as 813 bytes. Once I disabled SPDY, it logged a 0-byte
response. Both responses came without a content-length header so I am
assuming that the server didn't actually send a response body and this
too is a counting issue.

Tom