SPDY increasing size of pages

Valentin V. Bartenev ne at vbart.ru
Fri Aug 10 13:03:14 UTC 2012

On Friday 10 August 2012 14:38:18 Piotr Sikora wrote:
[...]
> > In case of spdy we might want to actually keep spdy as a separate
> > layer and don't count it's overhead (or size reduction) at all,
> > much like it's currently done for SSL.
>
> Definitely.

$body_bytes_sent is currently r->connection->sent - r->header_size
where r->header_size in case of SPDY is the size of SYN_REPLY frame.

If we pretend that SPDY is a separate level, and we are unaware about
it and its framing, then what should r->header_size represent? There's
no traditional HTTP header and we can't deny this.

 wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev