SPDY increasing size of pages

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Sat Aug 11 03:07:01 UTC 2012

Hello Valentin,

> $body_bytes_sent is currently r->connection->sent - r->header_size
> where r->header_size in case of SPDY is the size of SYN_REPLY frame.

This formula cannot work with SPDY because of the multiplexing (unless it's
not implemented?).

> If we pretend that SPDY is a separate level, and we are unaware about
> it and its framing, then what should r->header_size represent? There's
> no traditional HTTP header and we can't deny this.

Well, there are HEADERS frames and the pairs sent with SYN_REPLY header,
which are kind of like the traditional HTTP header, but if we're interested
only in the entity body size then it doesn't really matter.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >