question about ngx_http_named_location

Anatoli Marinov toli at webforge.bg
Wed Aug 29 13:02:25 UTC 2012

"Must" is not a good reason.
Is there a case that requires this behavior.
In my use case I use internal redirects from location A to location @B.
In location @B I try to read an exported variable which is actually
located in module context and the module set this variable in location A
but in @B all previous contexts are missing and I lost all previously
set states and variables.

Why internal redirects should erase module contexts? I think module
context should be managed only from its module and should be attached to
request while the request exists. Module context is the only one storage
functionality per request and external modules depends from it. They
expect to read exactly what was written there before.