Dedicatng a worker to a single URL ?

MAGNIEN, Thierry thierry.magnien at sfr.com
Wed Sep 26 10:07:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm writing an nginx module that needs to perform a quite long task when receving a POST request on a defined URL. However, at the moment, the worker that took the request is blocked until the task finishes, blocking possibly several dozens of GET requests.

I would like to avoid this, so is there a way to dedicate a worker for this URL only ? In such a case, GET requests would be treated by other workers, therefore not blocked when the POST request comes in.

Or could I "spawn" a separate thread for the task and release the worker asap ?

Thanks,
Thierry