Dedicatng a worker to a single URL ?

MAGNIEN, Thierry thierry.magnien at
Wed Sep 26 10:27:13 UTC 2012

The task is internal to the module: either updating memory with data from the POST request itself, or triggering memory update from an external source. But in both cases I need data to be in nginx shared memory, not in an external source to which I could proxy.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : nginx-devel-bounces at [mailto:nginx-devel-bounces at] De la part de Tom van der Woerdt
Envoyé : mercredi 26 septembre 2012 12:20
À : nginx-devel at
Objet : Re: Dedicatng a worker to a single URL ?

Hi Thierry,

What kind of task is performed? Is it in a nginx module or an external

I usually use a simple uwsgi or fastcgi setup for these. Simply only
spawn one worker, then make nginx proxy it there. Nginx shouldn't be
handling the hard tasks itself, and proxying is non-blocking, so for me
this solution has always been ideal.