Nginx Logging to Zeromq Module - Sparkngin

W-Mark Kubacki wmark+nginx at
Tue Dec 3 13:49:48 UTC 2013

2013/11/16 Steve Morin <steve at>:
> Does anyone have experience integrating zeromq with Nginx.  I am looking for
> some pointers, to see what concerns I should look out for.
> I am trying to contribute this code to a open source project.
> -Steve

This seems to me being a good template for what you want to accomplish:

Keep in mind that »ØMQ sockets are not threadsafe« and don't share
them between threads.

See also:
[3],243942,243986#msg-243986 (master
process → init_module callback; don't define sockets here; zmq_init
goes here)

A note on performance:
• Use zero-copy wherever possible. (I would make a custom string an
optional last part of a message.) — [5]
• Does ØMQ have UDP or similar for PUB sockets? If so, use that.
• I guess that logging or queuing through Redis will perform better
than utilizing ØMQ for that matter iff everything is done on one
machine under high load.