Nginx Logging to Zeromq Module - Sparkngin

Steve Morin steve at stevemorin.com
Tue Dec 10 01:14:05 UTC 2013

Thanks W-Mark

[1] I have been looking at that module and a couple others including
https://github.com/FRiCKLE/ngx_zeromq

[2] My understanding is that nginx uses a number of worker process that are
isolated, but need to see how zeromq handles that and if a socket can me
shared.  Given that they aren't thread safe I assume that is a no.  I will
pay attention to this part
http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#Getting-the-Context-Right

[3] Saw that, will look where a setup call can happen this is helpful.

[4]  I have been reading Evan Miller's guide, thanks

* Planning on using zero-copy
* Not sure if redis would be faster under high load but that would be
pretty interesting to see.