IPv6 & IPv4 backend with proxy_bind

SplitIce mat999 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:39:34 UTC 2013

An IPv6 based fallback is not the only solution we want to support,
ultimately we would like to be able to load-balance between them as well.
An error_page based solution would not assist.

I also get the feeling that such a hack would have large implications,
while either an additional parameter or another directive would be a simple
& clean solution to a real identified deficiency.

This kind of request is only going to get more common with the growing
adoption of IPv6.

Regards,
Mathew