Development environment

Richard Fussenegger, BSc richard at fussenegger.info
Wed Aug 20 17:48:34 UTC 2014

Hi!

I'd like to start working on the nginx source. I know my way around in C
(although I'm not a crack at all) but I'm totally new to nginx. Do you
have some starting points that would help a new developer to understand
how things work?

- Coding standards (already noticed an 80 character hard limit)?
- Preferred OS (FreeBSD, or is Debian good enough)?
- Any other good tips or articles to help one get started?

I searched the Internet but wasn't able to find anything that would
help, so I decided to turn to the mailing list. I'm sorry if this
question is redundant.

Thanks in advance
Richard