Building from source code

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at
Tue Dec 20 16:04:43 UTC 2016

You need to stand on the nginx root folder and execute:

From: nginx-devel [mailto:nginx-devel-bounces at] On Behalf Of Yohan Rizk
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:39 PM
To: nginx-devel at
Subject: Building from source code

My name is yohan, I am interested in helping out with nginx. I've read the links about building the project from the source code in the mercurial repo and I have that cloned. However, there isn't a configure bash script in the root level of the project as this page<> seems to imply.  the auto/ directory has one, but then the paths are not configured. I downloaded a stable version from here<> and built that successfully, but I'm guessing contributors don't work there.

I apologize if this problem is rather fundamental. I hope to hear back soon.
Thank you