module init order & embedded variables

Pillai, Saju saju.pillai at concur.com
Fri Mar 3 17:18:18 UTC 2017

My module needs to access variables created by the ngx_http_ssl_module. Iam
trying to find the index of these variables from my module_init, but I am
finding this to be sensitive to the order in which the modules are compiled into
the nginx binary.

My plan was to locate the indices for the variables at module init time and
store them in static variables that my module handler can directly use to look
up the values.

1. What is the recommended way for a module to access another module's embedded vars?

2. Is there a mechanism to control module init order?

-srp

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy, disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.