Output filters and body filters

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Aug 16 23:28:03 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:36:05AM +0200, Antonio Nappa wrote:

> I have two modules loaded and it looks like when I terminate a request from
> one module by calling ngx_http_output_filter the body filter in the other
> module does not get called. The module with the body filter is loaded first
> in the config (IMO it shouldn't matter). Do you have any suggestion on how
> I can make the body filter called?

Make sure you've wrote the config file of your module properly.
In particular, config file for a typical body filter should look
like:

ngx_addon_name="ngx_http_foo_filter_module"

ngx_module_type=HTTP_AUX_FILTER
ngx_module_name=ngx_http_foo_filter_module
ngx_module_incs=
ngx_module_deps=
ngx_module_srcs=$ngx_addon_dir/ngx_http_foo_filter_module.c
ngx_module_libs=
ngx_module_order=

. auto/module

Trying to configure a filter module with ngx_module_type=HTTP
won't work.