flash streaming

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Oct 9 04:01:21 MSD 2006

On 10/8/06, Aleksandar Lazic <al-nginx at none.at> wrote:

> today I have read Alexy's blog and have remember that some servers out
> there have a flash streaming possibility.
>
> Is flash streaming only a hipe or is it a upcoming and future oriented
> technologie?!
>
> Is a flash streaming module for nginx a nice addon or useless ballast?
>
> What are you thinking about this issue?!
>
> I personally don't like flash and I don't know for what the people out
> there use flash streaming?

By "flash streaming" they mean "flash video streaming" (flv files).
It's used for video.

You don't need anything special to do .flv streaming. The only thing
that the LightHTTPD module does is allow you to start at an arbitrary
key frame in the video. YouTube doesn't even have this feature yet,
but Google Video does. It's not really that big of a deal.

-bob