alternate configuration tree

Jonathan Vanasco nginx at 2xlp.com
Mon Sep 25 22:19:27 MSD 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 3:36 AM, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Just for my curiosity, why do *you* have switch to nginx and where are
> your heard from this great webserver ;-)

I first heard of nginx about a year ago, while looking for reverse
proxy options and 'light' servers to offload my mod_perl setup.   i
had problems with the documentation , so I chose lighttpd.

when i recommended lighttpd to a friend a few months ago, he was
suspect because it once had bad problems proxying webdav.  he tried
it, got it working on a high traffic site, then discovered it had a
giant leak.

i remembered  nginx, and he ended up using that.   i don't get much
traffic, so the leak wasn't as pronounced on my servers.  but when i
was running low on memory, every MB matters.  he kept raving about
nginx so i switched.

I'll add something to the wiki once i get a chance