[wsgi] Python interpreter initialization

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Tue Aug 21 17:26:52 MSD 2007

On Die 21.08.2007 13:52, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>Aleksandar Lazic ha scritto:
>>On Die 21.08.2007 09:17, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>>
>>>Why should we implement and use server that speaks languages other
>>>then HTTP?
>>
>>Due the fact that HTTP is stateless ;-).
>
>Well, being stateless (RESTfull) is one of main reason of the success
>of HTTP...

Yep, full ack.

>What's the advantage of implementing an AJP server that can not serve
>HTTP requests without another web server that converts HTTP requests to
>AJP requests?

I think that you are right in this way, I think also that a ajp module
in nginx will be nice, however the way you go with a nginx => nginx with
mod_wsgi looks to me simlar ;-) only the protocol is http.

Neverless I thank you that you start to work on wsgi bevor I start on
ajp so I can learn a lot during your implementation.

>Maybe writing an AJP parser is simpler than writing an HTTP parser, but
>this is the reason why I'm using nginx instead of writing an HTTP
>server from scratch.

No probs, I will see how *easy* a ajp parser will be ;-))

Cheers

Aleks