Question regarding IMAP & SMTP Proxy

Matthieu Sevestre matthieu at matelau.fr
Wed Dec 12 14:09:08 MSK 2007

Hello

I'm new to Nginx. I'm facing a problem and perhaps nginx may be able to help me :)

Considering that Nginx will run on a server (let's say with LAN IP 192.168.2.10), I would like to be able to use as server setting in my mailer:
- IMAP server: 192.168.2.10 / nginx listen port #1
- SMTP server: 192.168.2.10 / nginx listen port #2

Final IMAP/SMTP servers to access are:
- IMAP: imap.gmail.com through SSL (port #993)
- SMTP: smtp.gmail.com through port #25

Will Nginx be able to "forward" my requests correctly or did I misunderstood its capabilities ?

If Nginx is able to do this, could you help me to configure it please because after having a look to the wiki, I did not found anything related to the use I wish :) ?

Thanks
Matt