monitoring for load balancing

Ben Reubenstein benr at
Wed Nov 28 05:27:12 MSK 2007

Hi ~

If I understand the current proxying system correctly, it is just a
simple round robin.  So when a request comes in the requests are
handed out from the first process and so on.  This can cause a request
to be "stuck" in line.  There is a fair scheduler in the works, more
info here:

As far as monitoring the individual processes, I will often just pop
into the box and take a look via various *nix tools.

~ Ben

On Nov 27, 2007 4:29 PM, rkmr.em at <rkmr.em at> wrote:
> hi am using nginx with multiple fastcgi backends..
> is there any way i can monitor how the load is distributed to the backends?
> i am using nginx_status.. but that does not show any status about the
> backends?
>         location /nginx_status {
>             stub_status on;
>             access_log   off;