nginx git repository

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:11:00 MSD 2007

2007/10/5, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it>:
> I think that it can be a good idea to provide a git and Mercurial
> repositories for the stable and development branches of nginx, so
> developers can more easily work on nginx.

Well, the stable branch is in my repo and I may just as well keep the
development version there for the community at large but I won't
probably use the dev. version for the time being.

If you want (and accept my repo as a pseudo-official one till a really
official one appears), I have absolutely no problem with pulling stuff
from you.

> As an example, Mercurial offer the MQ extension, that integrates the
> features of quilt (used for Linux kernel development), so you can keep
> patches well separed from nginx core.

I see you are into Mercurial and frankly I have never used it (git
stole my heart ;)) but even raw git without quilt etc. can serve
pretty well for tracking different patch sets -- just set up lots of
branches and merge every now and then for example.

In my repo, the vanilla branch contains nothing but nginx releases
(plus a single hotfix from the mailing list) so it should be a pretty
good base for custom patches. I update it with every nginx release but
frankly, I'd love a more detailed history.

Igor, is there a possibility of publishing your repo? ISTR you're
using Subversion -- if so, I'd need no commit access, just the ability
to pull changesets and apply them to my tree.

Manlio, do you have some documentation for your mod_wsgi? I'm pretty
interested in it and would like to try it out. Could you provide some
example configuration (both from nginx' side and the app's side)? Is
the module safe enough for general consumption? I cannot really afford
bringing the web server down in flames but if the module is stable
(even if incomplete), I'd give it a shot.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek