nginx git repository

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Oct 5 20:45:46 MSD 2007

Grzegorz Nosek ha scritto:
> 2007/10/5, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it>:
>> I think that it can be a good idea to provide a git and Mercurial
>> repositories for the stable and development branches of nginx, so
>> developers can more easily work on nginx.
>
> Well, the stable branch is in my repo and I may just as well keep the
> development version there for the community at large but I won't
> probably use the dev. version for the time being.

I too use only the stable branch.

> If you want (and accept my repo as a pseudo-official one till a really
> official one appears), I have absolutely no problem with pulling stuff
> from you.

Thanks, but I'm using Mercurial (and I can setup a Mercurial Nginx
unofficial repository on my server).

> [...]
>
> Manlio, do you have some documentation for your mod_wsgi?

For the documentation:
(very incomplete)
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxNgxWSGIModule

For the examples:
http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/file/tip/examples/

> I'm pretty
> interested in it and would like to try it out. Could you provide some
> example configuration (both from nginx' side and the app's side)? Is
> the module safe enough for general consumption?

At every commit I try to do as many tests as I can, and I execute a
stress test using Apache Bench with many request and high concurrency
levels.

> I cannot really afford
> bringing the web server down in flames but if the module is stable
> (even if incomplete), I'd give it a shot.

The module is still in development and not yet stabilized.
Tests are always really appreciated, but I can suggest you to wait until
I will implement the full WSGI 1.0 spec, if yuo want start to use it.

> Best regards,
>  Grzegorz Nosek

Regards  Manlio Perillo