Nginx assuming all non-specified domains are handled by another vhost

James Darling james at abscond.org
Sat Oct 20 04:05:32 MSD 2007

Hi all,

I'm not quite sure how to explain my problem, hence a failure to
google effectively, so I don't know if this problem is unique or not,
or whether it's me or a bug.

I have many domains, and therefore have many vhosts. One of them is
abscond.org, my personal site. However, any domains that don't have a
vhost get sent to the abscond.org vhost. And if I create a default
vhost, I get the following error on start, despite only mentioning
the term abscond.org once.

nginx2007/10/19 20:57:29 [warn] 16880#0: conflicting server name
"abscond.org" on 0.0.0.0:8080, ignored

I think it's best to show you my test config files with just two
domains and output directly, so I've outlined my issue in a pastie -
please see http://pastie.caboo.se/108975

Thanks for any help,
James Darling