Nginx assuming all non-specified domains are handled by another vhost

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at
Sat Oct 20 12:15:04 MSD 2007

On Sat, October 20, 2007 02:05, James Darling wrote:
> I think it's best to show you my test config files with just two
> domains and output directly, so I've outlined my issue in a pastie -
> please see

You have to add this to your default vhost:

server_name _ *;
listen 8080 default;

You're basically saying that you want to accept any server name and that
this server{} instance is the default one...

I got tricked by this at first, exactly like you :-)

Brice Figureau