Serving embedded video files with X-Accel-Redirect to IE 6 browser

Thomas iamkenzo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 01:35:51 MSD 2008

Hi list,

I am able to serve embedded quicktime movie files to Safari 3.1 and
Firefox2 browsers, but I fail serving to Internet Explorer 6. The
quicktime logo gets displayed, but the movie never starts.

Are there some magical headers I need to add to the response?

Note that embedding the same movie with the same html code but
bypassing Nginx works perfectly (for instance serving the file through
mongrel), so there is an issue between nginx with X-Accel-Redirect and
Internet Explorer I guess.

Best regards,