nginx + git + trac (without Apache)?

Stefan Scott lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Dec 2 07:01:29 MSK 2008

Further googling...

Somebody has posted an nginx.conf file to use trac behind nginx:

http://www.mail-archive.com/trac-users@googlegroups.com/msg06842.html

Elsewhere, somebody says that the lack of support for PROPFIND in the
nginx WebDAV module is a problem, but then there appear to be a couple
of solutions for this:

"Currently this is a showstopper. nginx http_dav_module does not support
PROPFIND method yet, and git-http-push requires it."

http://notes.xiaoka.com/2008/04/13/git-repository-over-http-webdav-with-nginx/

(1) Here's one person's approach: "I implemented PROPFIND and
LOCK/UNLOCK stubs in PHP as they are not natively implemented in the
nginx WebDAV module."

https://labs.mozilla.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1550

(2) And here's an approach from Igor Sysoev: "nginx in proxy mode passes
all methods as is. So mod_svn behind nginx should work."

http://osdir.com/ml/web.nginx.english/2007-01/msg00008.html

OK, forgive me if this a dumb question but... does mod_svn only run as
part of Apache? If mod_svn can run alone, then it sounds like Igor's
proposed a solution here to allow git to run behind nginx and support
WebDAV PROPFIND.

But this is all new to me, so any advice would be appreciated.

- Stefan Scott