Nginx module to use PAM for simple http authentication

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.upv.es
Fri Dec 5 17:06:15 MSK 2008

El Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 12:28:59AM +0100, Noel Lublovary va escriure:
> Sergio, you're a hero! Sometimes simple things are the best. Compiling
> your module with nginx 0.7.23 throw me an error, something like
> debuglog3 need 8 parameters instead of 5. I don't care about debug so I
> simply removed those lines in your code and it compiled fine and works
> perfectly.

Good to know, we are using the stable nginx series, I'll review the code when
0.8.x goes out.

> It's bloody brilliant because it allowed me to setup quickly a
> mysqldb-pam backed auth, for my cpanel & awstats. Long live Sysoev! Long
> live Sergio!

That was my idea, PAM is able to do a lot of things right now, using it was a
simple and powerful option and it makes me happy to know that someone else
finds my aproach useful... ;)

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.upv.es>       <http://www.iti.upv.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2