Nginx feature request

Hendrik Hardeman hendrik.hardeman at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:29:46 MSK 2008

Cliff,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Setting the read permission bit with "at" does look like a solution worth investigating. "at" does indeed seem better than cron here, but it still isn't as transparent as a future file modification time. E.g. checking or resetting the time at which a particular file should become accessible seems rather complicated with atq / atrm / at.

While I'm still keen on setting up a filesystem solution with a directive in Nginx, the combination of eliott's and your suggestion seems to be the best interim solution.

Regards,
Hendrik