Nginx feature request

Hendrik Hardeman hendrik.hardeman at
Tue Feb 12 05:29:46 MSK 2008

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Setting the read permission bit with "at" does look like a solution worth investigating. "at" does indeed seem better than cron here, but it still isn't as transparent as a future file modification time. E.g. checking or resetting the time at which a particular file should become accessible seems rather complicated with atq / atrm / at.

While I'm still keen on setting up a filesystem solution with a directive in Nginx, the combination of eliott's and your suggestion seems to be the best interim solution.

> Subject: Re: Nginx feature request
> From: cliff at
> To: nginx at
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:11:14 -0800
> On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 23:14 +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> > Also, you should give the elliot suggestion a change.
> > Removing the read permission bit from a file is a good solution, and
> > with the help of cron it should resolve your problem.
> I think using "at" would scale better than a cron script if there are
> thousands of files.
> Regards,
> Cliff

Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now!