excessive RAM consumption - memory leak

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Wed Feb 20 23:15:39 MSK 2008

On 2/20/08, Todd HG <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I have tried reducing the keepalive_timeout to close the connection
> sooner, so that resources might be freed sooner, but it has no noticable
> effect.
>
> Can someone make some suggestions how I could handle the same traffic,
> but manage the RAM usage better.

Wow. I would set keepalive to maybe 5 or 10, not 75.
If you are serving that much traffic, I might even try turning
keepalives off altogether.

But if you already modified those values, and didn't see a change,
then I don't know.
You may try setting expires headers for your images, if they don't
change very often (or at all).