high bandwidth configuration help

Mon Feb 25 19:41:35 MSK 2008

Increasing buffer size and number of workers from 1 only made things worse,
at one stage the laod started spiraling above 20 its down to 4 now on the 2
servers

Right now im very screwed, the performance loss from switching to nginx is
killing the servers, i also setup 2nd server identically

the graphs speak for themselves :(

server converted yesterday
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6753/31857516tg7.png

new server to the left of the dip is lighttpd
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3734/59174322lt9.png

im now very screwed as i was gonna relly on nginx's accel-redirect feature
and lighttpd 1.4.18 has it, im testing lighttpd1.5 svn now but i dont know
how stable that be,
sorry for being so down :'{ i feel like crying this was certainly the worst
case scenraio when is started migrating, a 10-20% drop in bandwdith
usage between all the servers will mean 1000-2000$ loss due to wasted costs