beta testing for mod_wsgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at
Sun Jan 6 20:32:04 MSK 2008

Darrin Chandler ha scritto:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 03:55:57PM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> I'm releasing the 0.0.6 version of the WSGI module for nginx.
>> I would like to have it tested (at least compilation) on all systems
>> supported by nginx.
>> I have tested it on my PC (Debian Etch i386), and on FreeBSD and OpenBSD
>> (using qemu).
>> The Python version I'm using is 2.4, but I have done some tests with 2.3
>> and 2.5.
>> I have tried to install FreeBSD and Open Solaris on qemu, but without
>> success.
>> 64 bits system need testing, too (I have a 64bit CPU, but I have choosen to
>> install the 32bit Debian version).
>> I will appreciate any help, thanks.
>> In the next version I will implement some extensions to WSGI, then mod_wsgi
>> module should stabilize (I hope).
> Maybe add some links?

Ops...  :).

> The wiki page:
> The Mercurial stuff?
> Should we be testing
>, or is there
> a separate 0.0.6 tarball?

It is all explained in the wiki page: I have just updated it.
Let me know if something is not clear.
Be aware that the nginx version to use is the latest in the stable
branch (0.5.34); other versions of nginx may require to apply some patches.

More informations about patches is in:

There is no separate tarball, sorry, so you should use the tip using
Mercurial archive support:

In future (when I will release the 0.1 version) I will take some
decisions for a better hosting.

> The easier it is, the more testers you will get :)

Right, thanks!

Regards  Manlio Perillo