nginx and IE

just starting just.starting at
Mon Jan 28 06:41:17 MSK 2008

I have updated my version to 0.6.25(latest).

I have a question though. Will it work for users behind a proxy server with
caching enabled.

Suppose at first an user using firefox sends a request for a static page
test.html. Now when another user with IE6 tries to access the same page,
then will the proxy server fetch the uncompressed version or just serve from

If what I am thinking is true, what is the best possible way to handle
this.(keep the gzip flag OFF?)