beta testing for mod_wsgi

Adrian Perez adrianperez at udc.es
Mon Jan 28 19:18:02 MSK 2008

El Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:47:29 +0100
Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> escribió:

> Adrian Perez ha scritto:
> > El Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:34:44 +0100
> > Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> escribió:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > You may see this behaviour at
> > http://foobar.homeunix.org/trac/overlay (try to login as guest).
> >

> What is the password?
> I'm unable to login.

Username: guest
Password: nospamatall

(They are written in the green box of the main page of the wiki, maybe
I should make the note stand out a little more :-P)

> The module name is built from the name of the location used,
> replacing '/' with '_'.
>
> [...]
>
> I have to admit that I have never thought about this possibility ;-).

I see. Only if "auth_basic" and "auth_basic_user_file" could be used
inside an "if" context, we could workaround this... I think WSGI
authentication middleware could be used as well, as long as the
middleware allows to only limit some URLs ;-)

> It seems that I have to change the algorithm used for built the
> module name.
>
> Maybe I should add the possibility to specify the module name in the
> wsgi_pass directive, or I should use an hash of the module name.

I don't know whether this will be a widely-used feature, I have tested
hgweb, bazaar's smartserver and Trac so far. Only Trac needed this. If
there isn't a huge need for this, the manual-configuration method will
suffice.

Those were my 2 cents ;-)

--
Futility Factor: No experiment is ever a complete failure - it can
always serve as a negative example.