beta testing for mod_wsgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at
Mon Jan 28 20:33:27 MSK 2008

Adrian Perez ha scritto:
> El Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:47:29 +0100
> Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at> escribió:
>> Adrian Perez ha scritto:
>>> El Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:34:44 +0100
>>> Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at> escribió:
>>> [...]
>>> You may see this behaviour at
>>> (try to login as guest).
>> What is the password?
>> I'm unable to login.
> Username: guest
> Password: nospamatall
> (They are written in the green box of the main page of the wiki, maybe
> I should make the note stand out a little more :-P)

No, I simply have not read the rest of the page :).

>> The module name is built from the name of the location used,
>> replacing '/' with '_'.
>> [...]
>> I have to admit that I have never thought about this possibility ;-).
> I see. Only if "auth_basic" and "auth_basic_user_file" could be used
> inside an "if" context, we could workaround this... I think WSGI
> authentication middleware could be used as well, as long as the
> middleware allows to only limit some URLs ;-)

You can set the middleware stack inside a specific location.

>> It seems that I have to change the algorithm used for built the
>> module name.
>> Maybe I should add the possibility to specify the module name in the
>> wsgi_pass directive, or I should use an hash of the module name.
> I don't know whether this will be a widely-used feature, I have tested
> hgweb, bazaar's smartserver and Trac so far. Only Trac needed this. If
> there isn't a huge need for this, the manual-configuration method will
> suffice.
> Those were my 2 cents ;-)

The WSGI implementation for Apache computes the md5 hash of the script
full path name, but maybe I can just use the path name, replacing '/'
with '_'.

I have to think (unfortunately lately I have very little free time to
dedicate to the development of mod_wsgi).

Manlio Perillo