php fastcgi support - how do u do it?

Tue Jul 15 15:04:18 MSD 2008

Another vote up for php-fpm here

I converted slowly over last 2 weeks by patching php5.2.6 and using it with
nginx0.6.31

But yea documentation is kinda short but not really required as such, I know
russian as is so wasnt too bad :p

My experience is very positive

Previous Setup:
*3x servers with lighttpd1.4.19 for php
*25x servers with nginx0.6.31 for file downloads via x-sendfile and file
uploads via lighttpd1.5+mod_uploadprogress (im waiting for the nginx
uploadprogress module to be more stable)
New setup
 *3x servers with nginx0.6.31 and php-fpm patch for php5.2.6
*25x servers remain same

Before the php processes used to go gaga resulting in http 500 errors, also
when i tryied killing them via "killall lighttpd && killall php-cgi" some of
the php processes would stick around and i had to manually kill -9 them. now
php-fpm takes care of all that, so reliabilty improved markedly

What can i say i am very happy with this patch! and i hope it ends up in the
default php setup

Regards