php fastcgi support - how do u do it?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:20:51 MSD 2008

> What can i say i am very happy with this patch! and i hope it ends up in the
> default php setup

Andrei has said once he considers it "ready" and feature complete he
will change the license to be PHP core compliant so it can be put into
PHP core (assuming they allow it...)

There's already a "bug"/feature request in PHP's system for it, but it
was closed/put on hold due to the license incompatibility.

I am pretty sure they'll put it in, as he's already patched at least
one FastCGI/PHP bug in PHP core in the past that I've seen in the
changelog. But here's how to help: tell everyone in the world to use
it, and when the time comes, put pressure on the PHP team to get it in
to the core. If they realize not only that it works well but tons of
people actually use it and want it, I can't see any reason they
wouldn't.

Everyone I've told about php-fpm who has tried it loves it. I've
converted every server I maintain at work and at home to using it too.