Igor - are you ignoring my emails? :)

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Fri Jun 13 19:54:30 MSD 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 08:44:41AM -0700, mike wrote:

> I keep asking about mixing auth and fastcgi.
>
> I want /admin/ and everything below it protected.
>
> However, if user goes to /admin/foo.php directly, it skips that
> location block and matches the fastcgi location block for *.php.
>
> Do you have a recommendation about how to be able to protect an entire
> /path/* and also at the same time still process the PHP/etc underneath
> it?

With FastCGI you may use nested location:

   location /admin/ {
       root ...
       auth ...

       location ~ \.php$ {
           fastcgi ...

With proxy nested location work only if proxy_pass has no URI part.

> I really wanted your opinion on this...

> Re: Igor - are you ignoring my emails? :)

I have recieved about 600 emails in these 2 weeks vacantion
and reading and understanding (especially in English) every mail takes
about half minute. The answer takes much more.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/