Benchmarking Nginx on a prehistoric PIII 500

Denis Arh denis at arh.cc
Fri Mar 14 07:59:59 MSK 2008

I really think the environment itself is not the issue. It was testet on
VMWare because it was easier to set-up at the moment. All testing servers
had the same conditions, and adding the benchmarking tool to the whole mess
did only create more realistic conditions (there is usually a few other
services running on the VPS)

Yes, I could do the tests again, removing all disturbing factors (another
machine for the benchmarking tool, dedicated box for both of them), but this
would only create a perfect conditions for all of the tested software and
I'm positive that this would not do anything else than raise the final
numbers by same factor for all.

And I think I did a much better job here then most of the developers of the
testes software (by the number different of servers used, specifying what
hardware I've used and most finally providing the config files...)

About the version: VMWare Workstation 6.0.1 build-55017.

--
Denis