mod_strip newline substitution problem

Calomel nginxlist at calomel.org
Thu May 1 01:33:21 MSD 2008

@Evan Miller

I built Nginx 0.6.30 with the third party module mod_strip. The problem I
am seeing is when mod_strip removes a newline "\n" it does not replace it
with a space. Instead, the last word of one line is jammed next to the
first word of the next line. If it helps I am writing the HTML files by
hand using the editor, "vi".

For example, The following text is on two lines and entered as:

This is a test
Allow me to explain

When mod_strip encounters the newline at "test\n" then both lines are
joined, but the words "test" and "Allow" are jammed together:

This is a testAllow me to explain

Perhaps when a newline is seen mod_strip should add a space and check for
double spaces afterward?

BTW, everything else mod_strip touches is formated correctly and I have had
no issues with any other facet of the program. If there is a fix I would be
happy to test it.

Thanks for your time.

--
  Calomel @ http://calomel.org