Weird timeouts, not sure if I've set the right threshholds

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 03:19:29 MSD 2008

I tried to set it up once and I got confused, and lazy. Basically, it
sucks to do any switches, because depending on the type of switch,
it's downtime for my clients. They're footing the bill for this setup
too...

As I've said, I'm going to try FreeBSD, it seems to have a better
memory/IO/VM subsystem, stronger NFS too. (I say better due to
people's complaints on other mailing lists with the Linux scheduler
right now and other things, how it swaps and allocates memory, etc)

Ideally the applications I host will be smart enough to use something
more distributed with less overhead (or at least capable of spreading
the overhead among a lot of nodes) - pNFS might be cool, some day...