embedded perl ssi weirdness?

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim jfs.world at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:57:18 MSD 2008

hi, folks, I've been trying out the embedded perl feature with 0.6.31, and
while there were initially some problems with getting it up, I've managed to
resolve just about everything. I do have some questions, though:

1. I've been trying to get Perl SSI to work "inline" (eg. perl sub='{ my $r
= shift; $r->print(time); }' ), but so far that hasn't worked out at all.
Must the perl sub always be defined elsewhere, in a ".pm" file?

2. I notice that changes to the ".pm" files are not dynamic, or
"on-the-fly". You have to restart nginx in order for the changes to be
reflected. Is this intentional?

thanks,
-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not