fastcgi debug and "no input file" cases

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Sat Sep 6 15:23:23 MSD 2008

I have asked the same questions a bit ago and here is the thread:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/163301

As to quick answers:

1) Probably fastcgi_index  index.php; is missing from the config.
2) See the url above.
Iin short location ~ \.php$  catches and overrides before the global
error_page 404 (eg it sends the request to php backend even the file doesnt
exist))

Quick workarround:

location ~ .*\.php$ {
     if (!-f $request_filename) {