fastcgi debug and "no input file" cases

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Sat Sep 6 15:31:37 MSD 2008

I have looked at your first question again and scratch that fastcgi_index
in previous post...

Things to check (or common mistakes):
1. Are the php files localy on the fastcgi backend?
2. Is the spawn script (spawn-php.sh) set to enable remote connections (by
default its usually only localhost)
3. Does the php load the right php.ini (is in path) - you can check by
running the php executable on the shell 'php-cgi' or 'php' at <? phpinfo();
?> output (look at Configuration File (php.ini) Path - it should show full
path to the .ini file used or none if php can't find one).
Or by creating some dummy file like <? notexistantfunction(); ?> and running
'php dymmy.php' and looking if the errorfile is created on the fastcgi
machine.

rr