ngwsx is a port of the nginx on windows platform.

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Sep 7 13:00:44 MSD 2008

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:07:39AM +0200, Hq He wrote:
>
>> The ngwsx still has much problems.
>>
>> TODO of ngwsx:
>> 1.IO Completion Port.
>> 2.TransmitFile and TransmitPackets.
>> 3.AcceptEx, ConnectEx and DisconnectEx.
>> 3.Multi-Thread.
>
> The IOCP, TransmitFile, and AcceptEx support is already in my non-public
> win32 sources. The main problem actually is multi-threads support (it
> affects on all nginx sources) and win32 process model - I prefer to
> use master/worker model, but not a single process. Also build configuration
> is another problem.

Do you know that, in theory, it is possible to implement COW fork in
Windows NT, using NT API (NtCreateProcess)?
Unfortunately this API is not public, but it is used by Microsoft to
implement their Win32, Posix and OS/2 subsystems.

> But the biggest win32 problem is support:
> 1) I do not use win32 at all, so it will be difficult for me to debug it.

This is easily solved if there is a separate maintainer of the win32 port.

> 2) win32 has no coredump concept, this complicates debugging.

> 3) I do not want to reply many stupid questions of windows users,
>    many of them will not have any relation to nginx at all.

Again, this can be done by the win32 port maintainer, on a separate
mailing list.

Just my two cents.

Manlio Perillo