cert handling on redirect of https subdomains

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Sep 11 19:46:15 MSD 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:32:57AM -0700, mike wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
>
> > No, you need also to wait, when Vista will replace XP, as E7/XP does not
> > understand SNI. Or until MS will update security DLLs in XP. Or until MS
> > will release OS faster than Vista.
> >
> > I do not think that Vista will replace XP soon.
> > Even in Russia, where people often use pirate Windows and usually
> > early upgrade to new versions, they refuse to upgrade to Vista:
>
> Yeah - and I still use IE6. I won't upgrade to IE7. I hate it. If I'm
> going to use IE, I'm still sticking with IE6 (not to mention it is the
> only 'supported' browser by my day job's IT department too)

IE7 is quite popular. On mentioned graphs IE7 takes 27% vs 31% of IE6,
but Vista is very unpopular: since begining of 2007 year it takes only 10%
vs 80% of XP. I know that some people bought notebooks with preinstalled
legal Vista, after some time they removed it and set up pirate XP.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/