Forward requests for one domain to another without changing URL.

Richard Cooper richard at frozenskys.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 13:20:21 MSD 2009

I can't seem to find enough information about the proxy or rewrite modules for
nginx to try and work this out myself, but what I'm trying to do is have the
pages served at one domain available at another domain on a slightly different
path.

If it helps I'm running Django under FASTCGI behind nginx behind Apache for
my-stuff.com and I need to add rules for my-books.com such that:-

http://my-books.com/book1/ serves the page at http://my-stuff.com/books/book1/
http://my-books.com/book2/ serves the page at http://my-stuff.com/books/book2/
... etc.

The important thing is not to re-direct as I want pages available at _both_ urls.

Thanks in advance,
Richard.