Forward requests for one domain to another without changing URL.

Igor Sysoev is at
Sat Aug 1 20:49:09 MSD 2009

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 09:20:21AM +0000, Richard Cooper wrote:

> I can't seem to find enough information about the proxy or rewrite modules for
> nginx to try and work this out myself, but what I'm trying to do is have the
> pages served at one domain available at another domain on a slightly different
> path.
> If it helps I'm running Django under FASTCGI behind nginx behind Apache for
> and I need to add rules for such that:-
> serves the page at
> serves the page at
> ... etc.
> The important thing is not to re-direct as I want pages available at _both_ urls.

Could you show a request path ? For example, as

nginx can proxy

        location / {
           proxy_pass  http://backend/book/;

        location /book/ {
           proxy_pass  http://backend/;

BTW, why do you run nginx behind Apache ? nginx has been designed to run
before Apache.

Igor Sysoev