Blank page in Safari with fast refresh

ktwalrus nginx-forum at
Wed Aug 5 19:31:02 MSD 2009

I downgraded to nginx 0.7.61 but the result is the same.  If I load a page in the IP.Board forum within 10 seconds, Safari gives a blank page (or within 15 seconds of the reload of the blank page), but Firefox doesn't have this problem.

I disabled the gzip content encoding but this didn't make any difference either.

The only difference I can see between the Safari HTTP Response headers and the Firefox ones (when the page loads correctly) is the Transfer-Encoding is set to Identity for Safari and to Chunked for Firefox.  I don't know what this means or whether it is significant.

Maybe the problem is with PHP-FPM?  I also had upgraded to PHP 5.3.0.  I haven't tried rebuilding an earlier version of PHP, but I guess I'll try that next.

BTW, neither Safari or Firefox Response headers show they have Content-Length set.

Any other ideas of what I can do to either show this is a bug or track down the problem?