Fast CGI (spawn-fcgi / php-cgi) crashes/dies/hangs

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:40:20 MSK 2009

On śro, gru 09, 2009 at 09:08:29 +0000, Phillip Oldham wrote:
> Some on the board suggest having nginx running under supervisord also,
> but I'm a little worried about that approach; if supervisord goes down
> for any reason on a live server everything goes down, whereas if nginx
> is kept separate and supervisord goes down nginx can continue to serve
> requests (albeit error pages) while supervisord comes back up and brings
> your app back online (php, database, memcached, etc).

If you mean ngx_supervisord we have announced recently here, you might
have misunderstood. We don't advocate running nginx under supervisord,
we enable nginx to communicate with supervisord to start/stop backends
according to load.

If you meant something else, I must have missed it, because I don't
recall any other mentions of supervisord on this list.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek