Mail module: auth cram-md5 does not work

Miguel Beccari miguel.beccari at
Sat Feb 7 12:57:37 MSK 2009

Il giorno 06/feb/09, alle ore 13:01, Maxim Dounin ha scritto:

> Hello!
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:02:44AM +0100, Miguel Beccari wrote:
>>> Unrelated note: nginx as of now doesn't support smtp pipelining.
>>> You are
>>> searching from troubles by advertising it.
>> Thanks you very much for this notes. I am still testing nginx...
>> Where can
>> I find complete documentation about features?
> The most complete one available on official site, but it's written
> mostly in C language.  :)
> Other possibilities include:
> (rather minimal)
> (in russian)

Thank you very much for your precious informations: cram-md5 mechanism
is clear.

But now I have another problem. Logs say:

2009/02/07 10:51:19 [error] 23924#0: *73 upstream sent invalid
response: "551 sorry, your domain is not correct" while reading
response from upstream, client: server:,
login: "my_test", upstream:

Should I write additional HTTP HEADER informations when using smtp
with CRAM-MD5 auth?

Miguel Beccari