[Fwd: [lighttpd-announce] spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Feb 19 14:14:48 MSK 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 22:25 -0800, mike wrote:
> Yeah I saw that and I wanted to ask why anyone would use it after
> using php-fpm...

I've had zero issues with spawn-fcgi over the last couple years.   I
can't speak for anyone else, but the appeal of maintaining a custom PHP
build is of zero interest to me.

> Seems like spawn-fcgi is designed only for PHP ... fcgiwrap is aiming
> for general purpose too... I would only see a benefit for spawn-fcgi
> if it was useful for other things than PHP now that php-fpm is
> there...

AFAIK, spawn-fcgi can be used to launch any FCGI app.   I rarely use
FCGI *except* for PHP, but on Lighty spawn-fcgi is the de facto standard
for launching a FCGI, so don't see how it could be PHP-specific...
unless you are asserting Lighty can only host PHP FCGI apps?

Cliff