Newbie config not catching virtual host.

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at
Fri Feb 27 18:00:50 MSK 2009

My new sites-enabled/default looks like this:

The only place i'm referring the domain dir is here:
        location / {
                root /var/www/nginx-default/domaindir;
                #root /domaindir;
                index index.php index.html;
The rest of the file doesn't use the domaindir. However, trying to go
to won't take me to the show me the domain's index
but rather the nginx root index. The error log reports this:
2009/02/27 14:57:14 [error] 11880#0: *6 open()
"/var/www/nginx-default/domaindir/imagefile.png" failed (2: No such
file or directory)

But that image file is in the nginx root, not in the domaindir.

Nuno Magalhães